Iron Hearts is pleased to offer a Special Needs Half Day Horsemanship Summer Camp!
2013 Dates TBD!
Iron Hearts Summer Camp encourages fun and safety while participants learn all about their four-legged friends! Campers participate in daily activities that include grooming, tacking, horse handling, and equine care. Each day introduces a fun horsey project or game designed to teach campers about their horse friends through hands-on educational fun!
What? Certified and experienced PATH (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship) instructors lead the campers in daily horse activities with the help of trained volunteer camp counselors. All activities and projects will be modified according to each camper’s age, abilities, and experiences and may include:
- Painting a horse and learning his body parts!
- Developing horsey know-how through fun arts and crafts projects!
- Discovering different horse breeds, colors, and markings through hands-on games!
- Emphasis on safety
- Certified and experienced instructors
- Reliable therapeutic horses
- Trained volunteers
- Year-round facility
- Prioritize each camper’s developmental goals and confidence
- Innovative and fun activities that challenge each participant to grow and learn
- Horses are FUN!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.